How to apply for Teacher Transfer online
Types of Transfer:
- Inter-District Transfer
- Intra-District Transfer
Govt of Odisha has introduced a new policy of teachers to apply for transfer through online. This process will be active on 1st April 2019. Teachers can apply for transfer through clicking on the above link >> https://odishateachers.gov.in/TeacherTransfer/.
The online teacher transfer portal is developed with an objective to ensure the right allocation of teachers, in line with norms and in a fair & transparent manner. The portal will be used for voluntary transfer and the application process is 100% voluntary, open for elementary and secondary teachers. The portal provides a one of a kind opportunity for teachers to choose their preferred school, completely
track the application progress in a transparent manner and also update his/her personal data in the database.
New guidelines have been drafted in order to ensure that the transfers are taken up in a transparent and rational manner with utmost priority to the public interest. The rest of the document provides a brief about the transfer process – guidelines, eligibility for teachers to apply under various categories, roles of different officers, etc. and also make available a step-by-step guide on how to use the portal for all the concerned officers.
Types of Transfer:
Inter-District Transfer ( From one District to Another District)
Intra-District Transfer ( From one Block to another Block)
On the basis of the transfer policy, teachers are eligible to apply for transfer under nine categories with restriction depending on the following criteria:
1. Teacher cadre – Elementary / Secondary district cadre / Secondary state cadre
2. Teacher type – Regular / Contractual
3. Transfer type – Inter-district / Intra-district
The nine categories under which a teacher can apply are:
1. Mutual Transfer
2. Terminal Illness of self – under only one of the 8 allowed categories
3. Person with disabilities
4. Widow / Widower
6. Teacher assessment
7. Working Couple (both in govt.)
8. Spouse of Defence Personnel
9. Normal Transfer – male or a female teacher
The chart below depicts various eligible categories under which a teacher can apply along with listing all the applicable restrictions under each category (A, B, C, D, and E) are restrictions as explained below.
How to Apply:
- Open your Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc…)
- Click on the above link>>https://odishateachers.gov.in/TeacherTransfer/.
- After entering the Teacher Transfer Portal path on your computer browser, the screen displayed below will appear on your computer browser.
4. After clicking on “Register online for transfer” the following screen will appear on your computer browser. Click on PROCEED to continue.
5. Now, choose “Present School Type” i.e. Elementary / Secondary. Then select your District from “Select District of present school”, your Block from “Select Block / ULB of present school”, your School from “Select present school” and your Name from “Select teacher name”.
6. After that, all the information related to the concerned teacher will be shown automatically.
7. Then choose “Transfer Type” i.e. (Intra District / Inter-District) on the following screen on the same page of the portal. Fill the captcha code provided in the box and click on submit
8. Then choose the “Transfer Category” from “Eligibility Category” as per your eligibility. You will be asked to upload a verification document depending on the category chosen. Then upload a valid pdf document by clicking Choose file option (remember the file size has to be within 1 MB).
9. Then fill your preference choice from the drop-down list. You can select a maximum of 10 schools.
10. After filling the preference choices, fill the blank box by entering the CAPTCHA which is shown above the box and click on the “SUBMIT” button.
11. After submission the screen shown below will appear:
12. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number, that you have registered in Teacher Profile. Enter the verification Code sent to your registered Mobile number and click on Verify Button.
13. After successful OTP verification, the following screen will appear:
14. Take the Printout copy of Acknowledgement for future reference.
After the application is submitted successfully, the application of the candidate will be shown in Block Education Officer Dashboard. He will forward your application to the higher authority after verification of all documents.
Note: Rationalisation is another process where the teachers will be rationalized after the academic session starts.